Thursday, April 26, 2012

Everybody Hurts: CC Edition

It's been a while since I posted anything about CC, but it's been a while since he's played. According to reports, CC is going to talk with THE Dr. James Andrews about his elbow. Ugh.

So I thought I'd throw this card out there. When they first came out they sold for WAY too much, about 6 months went by, one sold for $20 BIN, and then this copy rolled around at auction and I managed to scoop it up. It's actually the second Brock/CC relic I own, but this one is definitely my favorite.

First, the symmetry of the design is awesome, with the mirror effect broken by the fact that Brock and CC are running left. Second, both relics are a bat (the other is bat/jersey). Third, the picture of CC here is the same picture that was used to produce the 2010 SP, only on that card he was airbrushed into a Sawx uni. In a way that makes this, perhaps, his last card in a Rays jersey (sniff).

Anyway, get well soon, CC. Have a good one everybody and good night Pumpsie Green, wherever you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment