Saturday, May 15, 2010

Calling Fed-Ex

I had a pretty good card day yesterday. I found a few cards in unexpected places when compa and I were out and about in the new home state, among them this gem:
An auto of a A+ player in the Red Sox system? Oh yes.

Tim Federowicz has a ways to go before reaching the majors like his college teammates Andrew Miller and Josh Bard, but he had a great career at UNC (my alma mater) and when I came across this card I didn't blink at the price ($4---long story). Fed-Ex had one of the biggest hits in UNC history, and grand slam against the LSU Tigers in the college WS. Of course the Heels didn't win it all in that one (or the other one) but I'll always be proud of those guys and their accomplishments. Finding this dual jersey/auto card today was like reliving a little bit of that. 

Fed-Ex---here's to your being in the big leagues soon!

Have a good one everybody and goodnight Pumpsie Green, wherever you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment