Monday, November 21, 2011

I miss baseball...: Looking to Next Season

I'll pay attention to other sports if they're on, but baseball remains the only sport I follow. Like I find myself doing most falls, I can't wait for next season. So, I went through a bunch of cards other bloggers have sent me and found this:
It was a while ago, so who knows who sent me this card? And let's be honest, unless you follow the Rays you probably had no idea who Moore was until this. Or maybe you caught this on Sept. 22. Either way, there's a lot of hype surrounding the 22 year-old former eight-round pick in the 2007 draft. As a Rays fan, I'm on board.
Funny, but nothing on this card screams, "Dude's about to blow up!" There are something interesting stats, some typical Topps language, but Topps still lists him as "Matthew." Whatever. I'm glad he's on our side, at least until his arb years are up!

And he seems pretty down-to-earth as seen in this promo video for the Rays affiliate the Charlotte Stone Crabs.

Have a good one everybody and goodnight Pumpsie Green, wherever you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment