Friday, July 16, 2010

1973 HR Leaders: Who Knew?

First, I'll be updating the group break list first thing tomorrow based on who pays/does not pay today. Keep an eye out!

This is another 50 cents score from down Iowa way.

Any card with Reggie and Pops on it it a keeper, but a flipped this over for one of the bigger shocks I've had in a while.
See, if I were to ask you who had more homers in 1973, Reggie the young legend in the making who'd finish with a career 563 HRs, or Stargell the lovable "We Are Family" Pirate with a career 475, who would you choose?

I've always known Stargell was really good and really under appreciated, but I never considered that he could out-homer Reggie. I was pretty surprised to learn that he hit 43 homers in  '73, a whopping 11 more than Jackson's 32. 11!!! That's HUGE. Always nice when you can get a great card for cheap AND have your mind blown by a bit of baseball knowledge you never appreciated before. Good stuff.

Have a good one everybody and good night Pumpsie Green, wherever you are!


No comments:

Post a Comment