Saturday, April 17, 2010

With Leather: CC Sweet Spot from SMG

First, several great teams (Angels, A's, Pirates, Diamondbacks, Reds) are still available. And if you haven't paid up, don't forget the monies!
So, Sewing Machine Guy is who bipped me with all those Goudey CCs that I customized and, er, then passed along to others. The truth is, the group break was also his idea, and as a group join it kicks ass to be doing it.

Well, apparently he went to a show and came across this:
He picked it up and we hammered out a trade for it. It's slightly dinged and I have yet to figure out how to open those new fangled Sweet Spot cases (hence the tape in the scan), but this card is awesome and I REALLY appreciate SMG picking it up and sending it my way. I'm now just a bat barrel short of a having three versions of CC Sweet Spot autos (ball, glove, bat barrel).

One things I don't get: the stadium in the card looks to be Wrigley Field at sunset. I've got nothing against Wrigley (it's amazing; thanks again Daddy D!) or sunsets (on the one hand they are overrated, on the other without the sun we'd all be dead), but CC plays in a dome. Moreover the stands are full, never happens at the Trop. AND, if that is Wrigley, it looks like the sunset is actually fallout from a nuclear winter. How else could you explain the absence of the famous rooftops behind the OF stands? Just strikes me as weird.

Have a good one everybody and good night Pumpsie Green, wherever you are!

1 comment:

  1. Dude that card is AWESOME!!! I have a Gomes ball auto from Sweet Spot '06 and the stadium isn't the Trop either. I dont remember which one, but I thought it was odd. Those cards are REALLY thick, but really great! The black bat barel cards are pretty awesome too, but very $$$. Going to watch the Charlotte Stone Crabs tonight. Very excited! Hope all is well with you. I have been on a card organizing kick and I think I might get my CC cards straightened out next week. I will see if I can find anything else ya dont have. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete