Thursday, February 17, 2011

The Stig-man Cometh: TTMs from Dick Stigman

I've previously covered the glory of Dick Stigman's bic-fueled signature here

Based on that signature from Twinsfest, I decided to send Mr. Stigman some cards to sign. First up, the 1962:
In the letter I told Mr. Stigman a) how awesome it was that he was signing with a bic pen at Twinsfest and b) that during a conversation between my father-in-law and I we decided that the guy with the flat-top on this '62 Topps LOOKS like a bic-pen kinda guy. Mr. Stigman (per comments on my letter) swears he wasn't asleep for the photoshoot. The evidence might suggest otherwise. 
And then we've got the classic back. Stigman looks dominant, imposing in that cartoon, but...the cartoon is of a righty. Stigman was a lefty. C'mon Topps!

And speaking of the cartoons, check out the 1959:
Crazy card, another great sig. 

And notice on both cards: he signed with a bic pen!

Thanks for the sigs Mr. Stigman, and God Bless.

Have a good one everybody and good night Pumpsie Green, wherever you are!

1 comment:

  1. Follow me at http://just-in-justinsworld.blogspot.com

    Are there any specfic teams that you collect. the Rays? I'm compiling a master list of team collectors, and I need to know where to place your name.

    ReplyDelete