Saturday, June 6, 2009

David Price Will Walk You

Which might be troubling if you are a Rays fan. He fanned 3, only gave up 2 (!) hit in 5 and two-thirds, but the five walks is not good. The Yankees were obviously out to make him work (per the Yankees' announcers) and you can't argue with the overall result, but this start falls somewhere in between "David Price Destroys Minnesota" and "David Price Makes Cleveland Look Like It's 1996 Again." He's a supreme talent, so I'm sure as time goes on he'll iron out the kinks. He had to adjust to college when he first got there, so he has the make-up to adjust at this level, too.

As an aside he's also a really cool guy, and he's signed D. Price jerseys for me in Baltimore last year and in Durham this year. Being an old guy I don't usually ask for autos, but in Baltimore I had a D-Bulls Price jersey that I held up as he went by and he came over.  Really, really cool. At the Bulls' Fanfest this year I sat next to the bullpen while the pitchers threw a few for Xavier Hernandez, the pitching coach, and when he was done he signed a Price Rays jersey for me. Dude is HUGE, and dude throws HARD. 

No comments:

Post a Comment