Friday, June 26, 2009

Help! This card gave me nightmares last night...

I wasn't a big fan of Donnie Baseball as a kid, and I'm no fan of the Yankis as an adult, but I've grown into a begrudging respect of one of the best hitters of my youth. 

I really have wildly mixed feeling about the card below. 

Pros: great horizontal design, he's arguing with an ump over a call (how often do we get that?) over a play that already happened (how often is the past the subject of a shot?), fuzzy fans in the stands always get bonus points, etc.

Cons: most awkward positioning on any baseball card I've ever seen, most unflattering position I have ever seen, mullets are not for guys not named "Zane Smith," ugh.


So, what do you folks think? Bad card, good card, or GREAT card? I think it has an odd, perhaps unique mixture of all three qualities.

2 comments: